Service Center Accounting
- Obtain appropriate approval from Fiscal Operations prior to establishing a service center.
- Provide documentation that service center is consistent with University mission and the normal activities of the college/department/division.
- Monitor the continued operation of service center including utilization statistics, revenue and oeprating costs, develop annual billing rates and detail records supporting charges to users.
Timing: as needed
Contacts: Cost Accounting Department within General Accounting
- FIscal Operations website - Accounting & Financial Services link - Cost Accounting link found at http://fisops.wayne.edu/accounting/cost/index.php, Service Center Policies link
- OMB Circular A-21 at http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/circulars_a021_2004/