Purchasing Transaction Processing
Purchasing transaction processing requires the initiation of an electronic purchase requisition (REQ) to generate purchase order (PO). Change order requests (COR) may be required to amend a PO.
- Ensure that transaction is properly authorized by management.
- Ensure that there is available budget to fund the transaction.
- Validate the target index and related fund-org-acct-program-activity-location (FOAPAL) string.
- Ensure that all transactions are in compliance with policy e.g., APPM.
- Complete the appropriate form and related electronic approvals accurately and timely.
- Scan and index all contract documents (unsigned), quotes, and related correspondence or materials to the electronic requisition.
- Receive the goods online, if applicable upon receipt of shipment or completion of service.
Timing: As needed
- General Accounting
- Purchasing website at http://purchasing.wayne.edu/
- Account Codes and Descriptions, Fund Types, Program Expense Categories job aids at http://fisops.wayne.edu/accounting/index.php
- Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM) at http://fisopsprocs.wayne.edu/appm/
- Purchasing Forms website at http://purchasing.wayne.edu/forms.php