Account Establishment and Closure
- Submit an on-line request to create a new index. All requests should be accurate, timely and properly supported and approved in accordance with instructions provided on the template.
- Request closure/termination of indexes when no longer in use. Request can be made via email or memo identifying the index to be closed and reason for closure. The index should be reviewed and balanced and all outstanding encumbrances resolved prior to closure request.
Timing: As required
Contact: General Accounting
- Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM) at http://wayne.edu/fisops/APPM99s.pdf
- General Accounting Staff
Various job aids and forms at http://fisops.wayne.edu/accounting/index.php including:
- Fund Types
- Program Expense Categories
- Example of Org Structure and Code Levels
Template Link: Request to Create Index link at http://fisops.wayne.edu/accounting/ga_acct_request/request_to_establish_new_account.pdf